Sunday, February 6, 2011

May I introduce you to
The fabulous Baconcado!
A low carb tornado of bacon and avocado!
Easy, tasty, healthy and very unusual.





This morning I became aware of a very special recipe.
This "baconcado" as it is called, sounds so incredibly exciting and I bought the necessary ingredients so that I could have this for lunch today.


Ingredients:
1 avocado per serving
Optional cheese for filling.
Bacon for wrapping

Cut the avocado in half and removed the shell and stone. Instead of a regular tiny piece of cheese, I used gorgonzola (which I think is so good) mixed with bits of crunchy bacon. You can use any cheese you like.


Put the two avocado halves together again. Then wrap bacon all around it. It shall look like this:



Roast in the oven -175 degrees for 30 min. I had to have it a little longer to get the bacon fried on the outside.
I served the low carb Baconcado with a dash of sour cream.



The low carb breakfast, lunch or dinner Baconcado is really very good and I will definitely repeat it.
I also want to try other cheeses as filling. Here is my Baconcado with the Gorgonzola filling:


 Bon apetit!

No comments:

Post a Comment